Monday, August 25, 2014

You Can't Win 'Em All

A few moths ago I took part in the redesign of the internal company email newsletter logo where I work. They give out iPad's here for prizes, so of course I'm going to throw down. Our company's unofficial mascot is a penguin so he needed to be included in the criteria for the design.

Illustrate a penguin. Check. Vary the fonts, vary the cases. Check. Vary the colors. Check. Line everything up so it looks niceCheck. The first draft of the newsletter logo included the company name. Design is submitted and I can smell that new iPad...

By request, the company name was removed and subtitle text and weight is changed and bold formatting removed (which I don't like), but I think it's still a strong design. Design is submitted and I'm thinking that iPad is mine; I work on an acceptance speech.


The winning design (above) is chosen. 




No comments: