Monday, August 25, 2014

Paintings

I've been doing quite a few painting in the last 9 months and this is two of the most recent ones. I like the bigger canvasses and will probably stick with 3 foot by 4 foot size. For the first time since I started painting, I took photos along the way to show the progress. 


This painting was a little different since I started with a few thick coats of cadmium orange hue applied with a small paint roller. After that dried I started drawing out the character with a thin black acrylic paint marker.


All the details have been drawn in and the white outline started. 


Thickening up the areas where the fill will be black.


Filling in the flesh tones.


The only difference between the above and below photo is the black fill. Makes a pretty huge difference.


Aside from the white outline, I think I could have stopped here and been satisfied with the results.



The finished painting.

The new Liquitex acrylic paint markers are phenomenal and have brought me back into making hand drawn art again. The paint marker colors are matched to the Liquitex tube paint.



Another one I worked on around the same time.


Not 100% satisfied with how this one turned out, so I might redo it as my next project.




No comments: